Friday, January 15, 2010

Getting what you ask for

is sometimes bad. The Economist on what happens if an individual mandate were unconstitutional and how that would be bad for conservatives.....I wrote about this last week. It seems perfectly obvious to me that the fastest route to a single payer would be to either do nothing now and/or have an individual mandate ruled unconstitutional. As the baby boomers age and the workers paying the payroll taxes to finance it don't have insurance in larger and larger numbers, something will give.

Like I have written, I think a Medicare for all for catastrophic cover would be the best way to go, but it just seems politically impossible....unless we did nothing this year and the system really breaks down. I'd rather not find out what comes after a total melt down....

No comments:

Post a Comment